1. Wash the beetroots & wrap them in aluminum foil. Bake at 365°F for 50 minutes. Check the texture with a knife – it should go through easily but still be a bit firm.
2. Let the beetroots cool & peel them under cold water. If you want to avoid their beautiful color staining your skin, use gloves!
3. Use a small, round cookie cutter to cut them into cute, even slices.
4. In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese, lemon juice, chives, salt, & pepper to taste.
5. Add the snack mix.
6. Now you can build your “amuse-bouchées” – One slice of beetroot, one generous teaspoon of the creamy mix, a second slice of beetroot, another teaspoon of the mix, & top it off with another beetroot slice!
7. Sprinkle some chives on top & enjoy! If you have extra beets, use them for our Coconut Blackberry Beet Smoothie.